• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

PBT blotches and not eating

I have a powder blue and i have noticed in the past 2 days has been getting blotchy (dont think its ick) I didnt want to stress him so i decided to leave him in the dt but I have been watching him hide in the rocks all day today and not eating so I (waiting patiently)caught him and put him in QT. Its 8:00 and there are no LFS open. I have AP PRO QUICK CURE would it be ok to use this or would it be better to wait till morning to get something else?

What are you feeding him Chad? I have some cubes of tang food that I am not using if you want to try some and see if he eats it

I had the samething happen with my Orange Shoulder it happened over a two day period and went away . Hes fine now.
IMG_1205.jpg

Tang turbellarian disease, black spot
Symptoms
Even if the name implies that only tangs are infected, this is not the case. Many can be infected by this flatworm.

The early phase, the organism would look like numerous dark spots over the fins, gills, and body. Other signs include fastening, listlessness, paling or whitish skin, and scratching against objects.

Treatment
As most parasitic infestations, crowding allows the disease to spread to other fish in the aquarium. Freshwater bath, triclorfon, formalin or praziquantel immersion can be effective.

Chad, try putting some garlic on nori and put it on a piece of rock rubble with a rubber band see if he'll pick at that.

JerseyWendy said:
OMG, I'm so sorry you lost him, Chad. :'( How are your other fish doing? Any symptoms of anything?

Everything else seems fine, only the little naso has marks on him but i think they are war wounds.. He got beat up the first few days he was in there but nobody bothers him now and he eats like a horse!

Sorry to hear Chad, I still think it was some kind of fungus or infection since he wasn't flashing, how's that other fish look?

many of these tangs come into the US with these types of diseases and parasites. these fish are treated but sometimes they still carry something. its important to setup quarentine tanks for them.the powder blue,achillies, and clown tangs are very sensitive to stress and can go down hill at any time even if you have them for a while and they are eating.