• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Phytoplankton Question

DYIguy

NJRC Member
The directions from Mercer of Montana says to fertilize with 1 ML per liter, but if I remove 2 cups, add 3 cups salt water each week, do I fertilize again, and if I do, do I fertilize for what I added or the full volume

The directions from Mercer of Montana says to fertilize with 1 ML per liter, but if I remove 2 cups, add 3 cups salt water each week, do I fertilize again, and if I do, do I fertilize for what I added or the full volume
I always did full volume.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I noticed that the color in my container turned much lighter- algae was growing on the walls- so I switched containers. I wonder if the algae absorbed the fertilizer and if I should dose again- full/half/ quarter- can one over/ under fertilize?

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
Just make sure you're sterilizing the container to some degree before you start and after each split.

You really shouldnt need to add more f/2

Also make sure you're starting 1:1 this is the most important part

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Just make sure you're sterilizing the container to some degree before you start and after each split.

You really shouldnt need to add more f/2

Also make sure you're starting 1:1 this is the most important part
You don't add more f/2 when doubling?

erics210

NJRC Member
If anyone in Bergen County has any Phyto they would like to swap for some rotifers, I would be interested