• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Please help ID this frag

Rescued this frag from a LFS...can you help us id it? Thanks!
020807004.jpg

020807002.jpg

C

concept3

Looks like an Echinophyllia or Chalice coral

you didn't get it @ Ocean's Aq did you?

Ocean??? LOL...have you seen anything with ANY color there? No...picked it up from New World Pet Center in Somer's Point. He sold it to us as a montipora of some sort. But we didn't think it was a montipora. Thanks!

C

concept3

I was there last week talking to Jason and was looking at their one tank with the 20K, I think they had a Browned monti digi and cap and some kind of plating SPS as well, couldn't tell since the 20K lamp is 3 years old. It's not normal for John or Frank to order that stuff, but occasionally they sneak one in to mix it up a bit.

Maybe they have a few customers bring in a few things to sell or trade. We VERY rarely see anything of color there...too bad to...they have a great business going there...not that their business is terrible but they have no competition...they could be SO much better. They have the knowledge, yanno?

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If not an Echinophyllia or Chalice then Mycidium or Oxypora maybe....... but LPS for sure.
If those guys think its a Montipora (sps) then......... well, I'll leave that alone.
Looks nice though. Put me in line for the first frag!