• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Plumbing Red Sea Skimmer

I have a Berlin Red Sea skimmer I picked up. It has no pump. (Isn't that always the case with these things?) I want to run it off my return pump which has excess capacity. The issue I have is, How do I connect a hose to the skimmers intake nozzle? I can just push the hose over the top of it. It's a pretty tight fit. But, I'd feel a LOT more comfortable if there was some way to clamp it on there. The only hose clamps I've ever seen are metal and I'm sure submersing those in salt water wouldn't go well. Any other ideas?

hey, i think the red sea skimmer has a pump with a needle wheel. how is your return pump going to make bubbles for the skimmer?

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
reneeRN said:
hey, i think the red sea skimmer has a pump with a needle wheel. how is your return pump going to make bubbles for the skimmer?
Your right it has a needle wheel and the new pumps red sea is selling are NOT very good.A friend of mine with a shop had a customer shocked BIG TIME when he reached into the tank from the new pumps, he has returned as of now 6 of the new pumps for the same thing.