• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Possible parasites?!

I think my two tangs may have some sort of parasites. the fish eat very well a diet of nori soaked in nutrients and frozen foods (also graze on the algae all day) but for some reason both my tangs are becoming very skinny. I'm more worried about the naso more than the yellow tang. What should i do? Neither are showing any symptoms but they are becoming much skinnier over time.

They're both around 4 inches. I feed the tank 2 cubes of frozen foods which everyone eats (clowns, idol and both tangs) then at night i feed the clowns flakes which everyone picks at. then at night i feed them about 1/3 sheet of nori that the yellow tang naso tang and idol pick at it until most of it is gone over a period of 2 or 3 hours.

Could very well be worms....I would do a little reasearch on worms in marine fish. I think the only treatments are formalin and copper....You can't do either in your main tank.

It fits. the fish do eat a lot but are still losing weight. Hopefully someone who's dealt with this will chime in and give me some info while i do some research.

I don't think 2 cubes is a lot of food for those fish. You said flakes too but they're more like a treat. The Nori seems ok. I'd try giving them more of the frozen stuff too. Add another cube of mysis. Also try a big piece of romaine on the clip instead of the nori see how they like it. Remember tangs are pigs! And at 4" they can eat a lot

Alright i'll give that a try. See how they like the romaine. i'll add another cube in the mornings too. hopefully it helps i love my naso, one of my favorite in the tank

they didn't like the romaine lettuce. i put some in in the same spot i put the nori and they didn't even pay attention to it. Any other ideas?

Wow really? Mine use to go crazy for it. Just walking by the tank with it they be goin nuts! Actually when I first started feeding it it took a few days for them to be comfortable enough to come out and eat it. I guess just try more food. Fatten those puppies up!

Your better with algae sheets then lettuce. When was the last time you saw a piece of romaine lettuce floating around in the ocean. ;D

I am organizing a member only group buy for some really good flake food. Its loaded with tons of seafood and algae along with vitamins and garlic. Check it out under the member organized group buys area there is 2 pounds available out of 25. I would try that food along with the algae sheets.

Becareful how much you feed you dont want to start getting an algae problem in your tank from all the extra food floating around. My fish in my 75 only get fed every 2 days and they are fat and healthy.