• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

PS4 - Dark Anthology games review

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
So, I'm a casual gamer.
Most recent pick ups are Miles Morales and CP2077 (which seems to run OK on the PS4 Pro).

Back in 2015, Supermassive games put out a game called Until Dawn. It was a horror with a good story and played like a choose your own adventure book.
I really enjoyed it and thought it would be cool if these guys and gals kept publishing these type games.
And, fortunately they did.

You explore and play generally, but when a decision has to be made, a wheel with options comes up and you have seconds to make it.
The decisions heavily influence, and often completely change, the game.
There are no manual saves, and whatever decision you make is locked in instantly, no going back.
It makes decisions a couple hours into the game that much more important.

So this company continues evolving these, now under the title 'The Dark Pictures Anthology'.
A couple years back they released Man of Meda in which you find a derelict ship from WW2 complete with Nazi corpses.
In late October they released 'Little Hope', which I just picked up for $20 in the holiday sale.
I'm pretty hard to scare and have already jumped out of my seat 3 times in the first 30 minutes.

If you've got some covid time, enjoy horror, and like games that actually lead to something, highly recommend.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
games that actually lead to something

so not Cyberpunk 2077 lol

thanks for the heads up on this, will be looking into it. always love horror games.

another PS4 game I would recommend would be Ghost of Tsushima. loved every minute playing this game.

I think the only time my girlfriend doesn't mind me playing videogames is when it's horror games. We found this out when I was playing Resident Evil Biohazard lol.
She did buy me Assassin's Creed Valhalla which I'm downloading right now so I can play it