• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Pseudo Fridmani

Has anyone seen these around lately? I've been looking for one for the past few months and can't seem to find them.

google the name and you'll see photos, this fish is AKA the orchid dottyback.

I don't know if there is any truth to this, but I remember being told awhile back when I was considering one that there was some sort of freeze on imports from wherever it is they come from so they would be harder to find or more expensive since you'd have to wait for tank bred (they are raised in captivity). I remember seeing one a few months back at petco of all places.

Your best best is probably to check with a few of the LFS (AO is great about getting fish IME) or ordering online since I think saltwaterfish.com, liveaquaria.com etc have them.

I have seen them at Aqua Oceans, Fishtales, ILC and petco in TR. I have also seen them at animal kingdom but I wouldn't buy it from there. best bet would be to call around, I seem them on a regular basis around my area.