• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Question on gyre pumps

I tried to search and didn’t see what I was looking for

I want to buy a gyre pump: some come with controller, some don’t, some use maxoext app? Someone make sense of this for me.reviews on jerboa are iffy although my return pump is working fine
Thoughts - help- experience appreciated

I tried to search and didn’t see what I was looking for

I want to buy a gyre pump: some come with controller, some don’t, some use maxoext app? Someone make sense of this for me.reviews on jerboa are iffy although my return pump is working fine
Thoughts - help- experience appreciated
How they are controlled depends on the company you buy them from. Maxspect will have their controller or app. Jebao is the budget friendly one. They use the controllers. Not entirely sure what your question is

I guess I didn’t word correctly but was confused BC some are sold with controller some aren’t. Ice cap comes with or without and looking online I saw other controller options. I guess that’s for people who use automated controllers
I’m assuming you need the controller so don’t blow sand everywhere but wanted to make sure before I bought something and maxpext seems to be better deal from what I saw last night but I’ll look again

I guess reading the app works and seeing controller needed though me off

Attachments

• BF11662C-A9FA-4E17-9B5D-B74FE0AAC347.png
    BF11662C-A9FA-4E17-9B5D-B74FE0AAC347.png
    586.3 KB · Views: 4
  • DEB46433-ACAB-4C8B-8E74-F9B299BA59AF.png
    DEB46433-ACAB-4C8B-8E74-F9B299BA59AF.png
    593 KB · Views: 4
I think default, you're expected to buy it with the controller. IFF you want a second pump, you can buy it as an accessory, without the controller and control with the first one you already have.