• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Rearranging got me thinking!!...

I got to look at my neighbors tank and she had a 30 nano like me. Her rock display was awesome, I got an itch to really change mine, she also gave me some of her cured live rock so I broke it apart and put it in my tank, what a friggen mess it is now, my sand bed is all shifted with all types of pieces of rock and everything, my cleanup crew i think survived. It was MADNESS! I toke multiple pieces of rock out and moved it and stacked it. Here are some pics that I toke, I dont even know if Ilike it. I was thinking of really just getting one of those smaller tanks and have some corals and maybe just a few fish for now because I honestly think this tank is going downhill :( The skimmer box with the bubbles come through, has a ton of water in it, more then normal so I dont even know whats wrong with that. I have about 3 pics so ill post them right after this post, but guys I really dont know what to do.

P9190375.jpg

P9190380.jpg

P9190378.jpg

I just really dont think this is good, I gotta go check on the skimmer :(

It doesnt look like the rock is cured. The skimmer could be going crazy trying to pull protein out of the water?

Rock is cured, she only gave me one piece and that was cured as well. The tank looks like **** man. I dont know what to do...

{Expletive removed. Please refrain from using profanity on this board.}

Well the first thing you should do is move it away from the side glass to allow you to clean it when necessary. Probably good to do it now while everything is all worked up. Also, with the pieces in the tank I can see where it can make for a nice looking scape.

It is away from the glass. I cleaned where I had to, the water is till kinda cloudy. I never should've touched the friggin tank

You can run a filter to help clear the water, if you have or can borrow a canister or HOB filter run that with some floss and your water will clear in no time, or if you have a sump put a filter sock on the drain, either way that will help to clear the water.

not to say "told ya so" but that is why we like to take this hobby very very slow, do it once, do it right.... go to some meetings, or ask some folks on here bout going to their houses to see their tanks before you settle, i'll volunteer for you to stop by my place in middletown and give you some pointers