• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Recommend a Dual Stage Calcium Reactor for my 28 gallon JBJ Nano Cube HQI Reef.

Okay everyone please don't tar and feather me for wanting a Calcium Reactor on my 28 gallon JBJ Nano Cube HQI Reef Aquarium. (If you haven't read my Tale of the Tank thread: http://www.njreefers.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=10479.30) I will primarily be keeping SPS and LPS Corals and I would like your recommendations. I'm mostly concerned with factors such as electrical and media consumption, quality or overall efficieny of the Calcium Reactor, automation capabilities and Price. Thank you for your input.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
LOL at the tar and feather comment. Unfortunately all I can think is you can borrow 1/20 of my effluent. Once a week. LOL. I'm sure there's a better solution, but I haven't shopped for one in that size! Let us know what you come up with though.

Reply to Phyl.

Phyl said:
LOL at the tar and feather comment. Unfortunately all I can think is you can borrow 1/20 of my effluent. Once a week. LOL. I'm sure there's a better solution, but I haven't shopped for one in that size! Let us know what you come up with though.

Phyl, I think the toll on the George Washington and the gas may make that process a little too costly. LOL

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
But think of all the fun you'd have on this side of the bridge? You'd get to visit AO, some cool reefers, ... Alright. There's probably a better long term solution.

Phyl said:
But think of all the fun you'd have on this side of the bridge? You'd get to visit AO, some cool reefers, ... Alright. There's probably a better long term solution.

Phyl, I would definitely love to come over New Jersey, but I definitely need a long term solution. With the smaller saltwater volume I do actually have the same ratio (if not more) Calcium utilization of a larger aquarium. The only difference I believe is that I may have more cost effective options(example: dosing with liquid calcium)than a Aquarist with a larger Aquarium. Just my personal opinion.