• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Red Sand - Trip

I just stopped by Red Sand in Dunellen, NJ and must say Feng is an AWESOME guy.

Stayed for an hour just talking and ended up buying 2 frags . He is re-doing his whole one side of the store w/ a HUGE SW tank.

This is my first time there and it is a bit far, but I will definitely be going back to checkout his new setup.

Also he said something that struck me as very genuine and truthful. Basically that if you go most stores that the owner wants to make the profit without regard for the livestock and the individual that the livestock goes to. That for them they'd rather make the sale even if they know the fish is ill or the customer lacks the knowledge needed to care for it.

Feng said that he would rather not sell the customer an ill fish and provide them with healthy fish that will last and have a good life in their tank.

That alone is why I will continue going there, simply because he actually CARES about his fish and his customers!

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Brando457 said:
...That alone is why I will continue going there, simply because he actually CARES about his fish and his customers!

That's Feng. He really is a great guy and runs a very nice store. He's got a good selection and riduclously good pricing. I agree, it's a long drive but certainly worth the trip.

He said something to me that made me almost fall down laughing, He was speaking about his big L shaped tank and talking about his new and improved larger one you guys meantioned he is about to build.

If I made this tank the american way the glass would be 1 1/2" thick, it can hold up a house and a car.

I made it the chinese way, 1/2" glass! but i made the stand extra strong!

Henrye718 said:
He said something to me that made me almost fall down laughing, He was speaking about his big L shaped tank and talking about his new and improved larger one you guys meantioned he is about to build.

If I made this tank the american way the glass would be 1 1/2" thick, it can hold up a house and a car.

I made it the chinese way, 1/2" glass! but i made the stand extra strong!

If it was me I would rather have an overbuilt American tank than a Chinese wet floor ! ;D