• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Red Sea Pro Salt

well i finally realized with 850g system, that the tropic marin pro was killing my wallet...

so i went and tried red sea pro...

I just finished my testing...

1.026 @ 80 degrees
460 Calcium
8 dKH
8.28 PH
1290 Mag

I will be changing over to this salt.. wish me LUCK :)

Most people seem to like it. I saw the bucket at your house for the "opening" and thought you were already running it. :)

Would I be correct to assume the Calcium mixed up higher then it did for you with TM with about the same alk levels?

If so, do you plan on bumping up the Alk levels a bit to match the higher calcium levels or do you like to run you alk lower?

Carlo

PS Good luck, but you shouldn't need it. :)

i got this bucket for 39.99 at the hidden reef...
I was paying like 67.00 a bucket for tropic marin pro reef... so I am saving like 27 a bucket.. very handy!!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Billy, could you bring some to the meeting on Sunday mixed up as change water? I'd like to test it for NO3 & PO4.

that's a really good price. I go to that fish place twice a year cause I'm in that area occasionally they want 44.89 for 175 gal. mix. I've been using reef crystals priced there at 34.89 how do you think red sea compairs to it.

yes phyl i will bring some!

i got terrible numbers when i tested the reef crystals.. i was so upset!! low ph and low mag from what i remember.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm hoping you have good results with the new salt. That would be a great expense to cut back on.

How did it mix up Billy?

One of the things I like about TM is how easy it mixes. I'm not using the Pro, but it is getting expensive even for my collection of small tanks.