• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Red serpent Starfish

I current have 5 of these in my main display and they have outgrown my tank and It’s getting a little chaotic during feeding time so looking to rehome 2 of them. These are ophioderma squamosissimus and are endemic to the carribean. Very cool and great color. As you know these are very rare and not often available and when they are, they run $50+. When you do find them, they are usually in rough shape. I have had mine for 5+ years, they are great at cleaning up uneaten food, and have never harmed any fish. I love these so much, I bought one every time I saw a healthy one (it’s how I ended up with 5).
Located in Clifton, pm me if interested. These will be available til Thursday when I plan on dropping these off somewhere for store credit. Open to any reasonable trades. I have plenty of pics to share as they are in the background of almost all pics I take of my fish. 3B7602D3-0481-42FD-BC65-8A811176460D.jpeg

Bumping this old thread up. Looking to rehome another one that has gotten too large for my 20 gallon. Pm or text if interested. I can share updated photos of the starfish. 732-259-9150.

Here are some updated pics of the exact one I would like to move out. Body is about 1” - 1.5”. Not super intense red, but in superior health. Tried the best I could to get a pic in hand. Pick up in Clifton, or I will be in Woodbridge on Saturday.

Attachments

• 3AC4137F-0ECE-4DCC-946E-F2D90516094B.jpeg
    3AC4137F-0ECE-4DCC-946E-F2D90516094B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • CBC360DE-141F-4C85-AD5F-9A9357180EF8.jpeg
    CBC360DE-141F-4C85-AD5F-9A9357180EF8.jpeg
    966.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 99BBA513-4185-43A4-B293-593B73E40FC1.jpeg
    99BBA513-4185-43A4-B293-593B73E40FC1.jpeg
    842.3 KB · Views: 17
Here are some updated pics of the exact one I would like to move out. Body is about 1” - 1.5”. Not super intense red, but in superior health. Tried the best I could to get a pic in hand. Pick up in Clifton, or I will be in Woodbridge on Saturday.
Woodbridge isn't too far from me I might be interested to take him off your hands. Anything you might be interested in for a trade so I have an idea?

Yah I sent him some pictures of things I could trade but never even got a response. I had more to offer just sent a few pictures. You are welcome to jump ahead of me in line salted it's not that big of a deal.

Sorry. Was in Disneyland with the family for spring break. Back today and will respond to those who have messaged me. Starfish is still available and is first come first serve.

Salted

NJRC Member
You are welcome to jump ahead of me in line salted it's not that big of a deal.
I don't want to jump ahead of anyone. He contacted me so I assumed he didn't work anything out with anyone else and I'm kinda close to him.

radiata

NJRC Member
I'm wondering where you got these starfish from. I think half of the ones I've ever seen have been missing the tips of one or more legs.

I used to buy them every time I found a good one… for the same reason, most are found melting away and most LFS don’t bring them in because they don’t ship well.. They were all pricey, but worth it… except when they grow up and you realize you bought too many of them. Aquatic obsessions gets quality specimens, but very rarely. I have also seen nice ones at absolutely fish.. be prepared to spend $70+.