• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Regal Angel

This fish is truely a 50/50 hit or miss.

My uncle had one and it began to ravage his zoas to the point that he ate them all.

Got another and this one began picking at the clam, needless to say he had to remove them.

Saw another person drop one in and to date after 2 years no problems.

Good luck on it if you get one.

Besides worrying if they are ok in a reef .. this is one of the more difficult angels to keep. They are very difficult to feed unless they are already taking food at the store. So make sure he is eating at the store before you take him home.

I've seen a speaker talk about how he's kept a regal in every reef he's ever kept and he says that if the regal does choose to eat coral, he will stick to one or two paticular types. He then went on to say that he would much rather have the regal angel than the one or two types of coral he chose to eat.

So there is a personal preferance that not alot of us would agree with.

NapoliNewJersey said:
He then went on to say that he would much rather have the regal angel than the one or two types of coral he chose to eat.

So there is a personal preferance that not alot of us would agree with.

I heard the same logic when I got my Gold Flake Angel. I thought it was worth the trade off. He never ended up picking at anything.
Ken