• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Return Pump Probably Toast

Hi all,

Sorry to put this in the emergency thread, but I'd like to get this right the first time.

I have a 65g DT with a 75g sump. The sump is in the basement, about 6ft below the DT (split level, thru the wall).
The whole system is powered by a Reeflo BlowHole 1100 external pump. Tonight it stopped while running. It had previously gotten stuck once when I turned it off for some maintenance, but it was quick and easy to get it back up and running.

Tonight it was very hot to the touch when I saw that it was stopped. I'm still waiting for it to cool completely to try and restart it.

To the point: I need some suggestions that would be available tomorrow evening or Friday as a replacement. I've looked into the EcoTech M1 as an option. I'll have to mess with the plumbing no matter what I do, so I'm not locked in to internal or external. I've got about 10ft of head pressure from my calculations. The pump is also plumbed into a manifold in the sump and powers the other filters their.

There's no hole in the sump, so it's up and over (how it is plumbed now) or internal.

I live near Summit, so I'm kind of in between Aquatic Obsessions and Absolutely Fish.

If anyone has any suggestions or knows of somewhere else I can go to purchase that would help a lot.

Thanks,
Brett

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Get a mag 9 and you should be good. Will at AO should have one.

Sunny, I don't think he'll have close to the needed flow.....a dribble. MAG's are not pressure pumps. I have a MAG 18 in a 55 gallon drum to empty it, and it struggles to go maybe 5 feet or so.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Sunny, I don't think he'll have close to the needed flow.....a dribble. MAG's are not pressure pumps. I have a MAG 18 in a 55 gallon drum to empty it, and it struggles to go maybe 5 feet or so.

That is very strange, Paul. You know where my fish room is in my basement and where my FOWLER was? I was using a mag 18 to pump water to the FOWLER for water changes. It was slow but worked well. He said he is 6 feet out so a Mag 9 sounded good choice to me.

However, the pan 100 you have should work better..

Paul,

I think the pan 100xx is probably just what I need. That has 1" in and out right?

Can I come pick it up this evening?
I'm off work at 4, and can come down anytime after that.

Thanks

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yes, it's 1" and 1" out. I'm retired and home pretty much all the time.....so today after 4 works for me. I'll PM my address.