• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Return Pump question, big dilemma need opinions

man this really sucks, all this extra work just because a certain company doesn't have a clue about building sumps, at least mine anyway. thanks for all the input everyone

Harry

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ouch. Sorry, Harry. Did they design the sump? Were they aware of the pump specs?

Phyl said:
Ouch. Sorry, Harry. Did they design the sump? Were they aware of the pump specs?

I didn't have it in an email but i'm sure i mentioned to them what kinda pump i was using but who knows, knowing me i'm almost 99% positive i did. I ask a ton of questions. I know for a fact that they never asked me what kind of pump i am using (an important fact i would think in hindsight). They claimed to be the experts so i never thought to question it really and their sketch and proposal barely had any dimensions on it, i was perplexed by it but i never questioned them because i was basically told they are experts at what they do. Well i learned some very important thing during this whole sump build process. first i will not settle for something that isn't exactly what i want and secondly i will question everything and leave no detail to chance. Well i am thoroughly disgusted and am selling a brand new pump used for 15 minutes and getting a smaller one and hope that works. Thank you all for all the advice and guidance i really appreciate.

Harry