• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

sailfin tang

Dude a sailfin tang belongs in a 150+ gallon tank. UPPPPGRRRADDEE PARTY!!!!! Don't turn the skimmer off obviously they are packed in that tank. Don't do a 60G tank if you like fish you need to really crank it up size wise even a 75 G is small for a sailfin and the trigger. IMHO even as small fish you should give them a 90G ... some room to grow.
As njstillwell said MACNA or look for a tank for sale here on the board there are tons. Probably cheaper then some custom tank. They will probably help you set it up too.

I'd try to stick with glass if you can , you will scratch the acrylic over time. Really hard to avoid, I had 2 acrylic tanks over the years. Both got a few scratches

yeah acrylic kinda stinks, if rocks hit it it gets small dents, then coraline grows in it and ya cant scrape it off cause its a low spot. stick with glass. and look for a tank in the 90+ gallon range if you like your other fish. alot of times sick fish (actually animals in general) will hide when they are on their way out. they hide themselves before they buy the farm, guessing thats what happened with the lion. if he can get in there, he can get outta there

I would think your fish is probably stressed in that small of a tank. I would use your current tank as the QT and buy a bigger one if you want to keep the larger fish. 75-90 gallon or preferably a 125. I have a sailfin in a 75 and he is doing well but they can grow to be very large (10+") and he won't be comfortable after a few years in it.

yeah im looking into larger tanks now.... the fresh water dip hasnt shown any effects so far so it maybe the oxygen level

A fresh water dip only cures parasites on the surface of the fish. Most parasite treatments take awhile. I would check with Dr Jim or follow his qt method to treat it.

soo my wrasse died last night and when i took him out there were little white bug like things on it and they all ran off when i took him out so im guessing i have parasites so what is a good treatment that is invertebrate safe??

so heres what i got today.... a hydor koralia #1 wavemaker, a 10 gallon bubbler and Rally reef safe parasite and bacteria killer.

1201139 said:
its a 29 gallon bowfront, there is a pygme lion, niger trigger, a small false perc and a wrasse but nobody seems to bother him and they are all really close in size so its not like hes the smallest and they are all really active with no problems.i do have surface turbulence and always have. they are well feed and i give them flakes with garlic in them. i dont have any left over food in the bootom after i feed that is all cleaned up by hermit crabs.

i came home today turned the skimmer on about 20 minutes ago he was completely bleach spotted with almost no color left and now almost all his color is back

I know I'm late but wow, my QT is bigger then this, just for that reason If I had to QT many fish. wow.

I'm using a 35 Gal QT, possibly setting up another 29 Gal QT