• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Screwed up my water change this morning.

Well I'm a dummy. I have an EVO 13.5 and do weekly 1 gallon water change. So this morning I grabbed the wrong gallon jug and added back in fresh RODI water. Pretty much panicked from that point forward. I did not measure the salinity drop and quickly did 2 x 1 gallon water changes (with the correctly mixed water) and added a cup of salty brine I quickly mixed up. Prior to the screw up my salinity was 1.025 and now sits at 1.024.

Hopefully the quick drop and raise didn't cause too much stress. Probably all happened in a span of 15 minutes. Tell me it's all going to be ok? :)

Stocked with a clown, YWG, Pistol and a Firefish. Anenome that just split 3 days ago. Zoas, palys, frogspawn and a couple of shrooms.

Should be fine. Those fish and corals are all pretty hardy. Even after dumping the RO in, it’s unlikely that the salinity dropped out of the acceptable range for the fish. I find that the salinity doesn’t drop nearly as much as I think it would even adding RO to a small tank.

Thanks. Fiqured it would be all good. Everything seems fine so far. More annoyed with myself, no more 6 am water changes going forward. :sleep: