• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sea Squirt! Very cool! NPR story too ...

tunicates/sea squirts need phyto to survive. Good luck. I thought they were cool hitchers on my gulf-of-mexico rock - but in the end, I wasn't interested in keeping filter feeders (just my opinion).

Totally off the wall question - but I was thinking about taking some vaca and what a hassle it would be to get a sitter to watch the one tank. but you've got like 20 tanks...do you ever go away? or just lucky to have a reliable person? Or is everything on timers?

Ha. No timers (we still think they'll all catch fire!) ...

No long vacations either ... 2 days at a time. The fish and cats are ok for about that long - that's no problem, we're pretty have at home with our finned and furry friends! :)

Live pix of Squirt below ... F5 to refresh, or check out FishCam ...

cam_4.jpg

where's the squirt?? Is it the xenia looking thing? :)

Btw, are you concerned about the coralife timers catching fire or the standard analog/digital timers catching? I know that the coralife ones are prone to melt/blaze/burn but I've never seen a thread about normal timers going.

Pretty cool. He's probably thrive in my tank. I can't keep the phyto or algae at bay. Water is crystal clear but I need to scrape the glass 2x's a day and each time a cloud of green (and baby pods) float off into the distance. lol

So, what do they sell for? Are they like sponges in that you can't remove them from water? Are they prone to overtaking your tank with those little tadpole offspring?

Re: Sea Squirt! ... no idea!

I have no idea what they're going to do! Feng had them for sale at Red Sand. $20/each. Cute - so I bought one! ;)

Just posted this video. Not 100% perfect, but you can see what he does / doesn't do ... "he inhales and exhales". I like'em!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xSC-ZdPKDQ