• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

seio controller with hydor pump

I was thinking of getting a aquacontroller jr during the group buy, but they were sold out. Now I am considering a seio controller.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The Jrs should be in by delivery (we've got 11 on order)...

Be careful, as the hydors aren't meant to be controlled by conventional wave makers including the Neptune boxes.

Just to clarify, a conventional wavemaker will typically turn pumps on and off ever 30 seconds to a couple of minutes to get a wave effect (back and forth motion). This type of on and off will burn out the hydors pretty quickly. If on the other hand you want to use the Neptune to turn the pumps on during the day and off at night (minimal on and off) they are fine for this.

Carlo

I thought the seio controllers varied the power thus adjusting the total flow of the pumps, and did not turn them on and off.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You're right, Larry. In your second post, you mentioned wanting an AC Jr but since they were sold out, you were thinking of a Seio. Then Phyl said that the Jrs were actually still available. I think Carlo just wanted to make sure you didn't jump on board with an AC Jr. and then burn out your pumps.

On another note, you going to the meeting this month? If so, I'll make sure to burn some Blues for you.