• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

setting skimmer

is there a landmark that you set the water level in your skimmer? sometimes i go too high and face overflow. wish someone can share their fomula. thank you

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
What kind of skimmer are you using? They're all different and even two people with the same skimmer may have to set different levels depending on their feed pumps, bio load, etc.

dont know for sure what type of skimmer i have; i bought it from someone. no name on it. should the bubbles be at the bottom of the tube in the colection cup, or just below, or more towards the middle??

thanks for the response

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We run ours with the big foamy bubbles just below the top of the tube inside the collection cup. The smaller, fast paced bubbles are a bit lower. I would tweak it so that the slow popping, big foamy bubbles are just barely cresting the top of the riser tube. I hope that makes sense!

Again, all skimmers are different and for some that may be too much. It's really just a matter of trial and error, IME.