• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Should I vac sand bed?

I don't do it, but that is because my Maroon clown stirs the sand up so much there would be nothing to clean, and then my Rabbitfish also cleans the sand regularly. Adding in snails takes care of the rest.

I don't vac either, my nass. snails and 2 pistol pairs do plenty cleaning. Occasionally I use a turkey baster to blast the rocks to clean out all the little tunnels and crevices of detritus.

I have a tiger paired with yellow watchman, and on the other side of the rock, a candy cane paired with black ray.. occasionally they all jumble and swap exits, kinda cute.

john90009

NJRC Member
i always vacume the sandbed, then again I have a 29 biocube without a skimmer so id rather not risk something its not used to.

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
never did .let cuc (clean up crew)do it. The sand actually holds all your biological goodies

Yea. I tried it. Kept sucking up my sand. Tried to pinch off the hose to control it. It didn’t really work that well. I was concentrating so much on that that I started missing the bucket with the water and making a mess. I think I’ll skip vacuuming the sand from now on.

Last edited: