• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

skimmer placement

when making my sump i overlooked something(of course). I have an aquaclear 901 as my return pump thats about 900gph, after head i assume its no more then 600gph, but still to much for my fuge, i have heard the flow through the fuge must be relatively slow. my skimmer is set up as so....skimmer area 10" "fuge area 15" return area 5" (29g tank)

i am thinking of switching my fuge with skimmer, it would be getting a smaller area but i would be able to reduce the flow to my liking in the fuge. however will the skimmer being after the fuge interfere with pods and what not(i have a mandarin)

BTW this is how i currently have my macro algea area set up, its hanging above the sump in a 5l container with a bulkhead overflowing back into the sump, theres a weak powerhead pumping water from the sump to the macro algea container. but i have seen a large increase in the growth of my chato and in the amount of pods scince its reduction in flow after being removed from my old fuge

http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s218/o0jmadr0x0o/?action=view&current=100_1750.jpg