• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Skimmer's

I'm new to hobby, so bear with me. I purchased a 90 gal overflow from Tropiquarium. Since then I joined up with Reefcentral. Not knowing much about the equipment, they sell and sold me a Seaclone skimmer. Now on the RC BB, they are not to fond of Seaclone and suggest I purchase a better one. I'm sure Tropiquarium has luck with Seaclone, but should I return it and get a better skimmer? I've been checking out AquaC Remora Pro.

Thanks
Ken

Hello Ken,
I am also thinking about the Remora Pro for my tank.
Did you decide on witch one to buy. Please let me know how it works. Im having proplems with my skimmer and Im looking to get rid of my sump/reef tank and stream-line my operation.

I started off with a cheap ebay special....even worse than Seaclone. lol

Personally, I have never used a Seaclone, but have not heard great things about them, especially not on larger tanks.

One thing to remember is that you should never skimp on a skimmer...your tank will likely pay for it later on.

I recently upgraded to a CPR backpak and am extremely happy with the improvement ! So much gunk comes out of that cup daily !! I would never have guessed it possible.

Just FYI, there is a post in the Philly group on RC - someone selling a CPR with pumps for like $45 (pick up only) - you would need two for a 90, but IMO well worth it. Not a bad price for a great little skimmer.

i too have not heard good things about the seaclone but the remora has had good reviews. personally i went with Euroreef. very user friendly, basicly plug and Skim.

bob

i have a prizm....it does a pretty good job....everyone likes the remora because it is quieter then most other skimmers and it does an excellent job (win-win).....the good thing about the seaclone is that there are a bunch of different mods for it

i used a seaclone 100 on my 55 & it worked fine, but i have seen AquaC remora's
work better if u can take it back do it, it will work better then the seaclone