• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

skimmers

anyone here run a my reef creation skimmer?, i saw a mrc3 on ebay, my ets is nice but i need to upgrade, but im not shure if i want to switch to a becket skimmer, any advice
MRC or ETS?

Wayne I will tell you that there are more than a few people on this site that run MRC skimmers as well as other MRC equipment.

I myself have an MRC calcium reactor and i'm looking to get an MRC skimmer when I'm ready to upgrade.

But i'm equally as sure that there are ETSS members that will aprove of the ETSS skimmers.

MRC in my opinion is one of the best skimmers out there. If i was to run an external skimmer that would be my choice

Harry

ok, i bought it today, mrc3, now i will sit patiently waiting for the ups truck :eek:, lol, 35 inches tall, now i need to figure out where im going to put this thing, i think im going to put it next to the tank, but i have to watch, i have 2 250lb saint bernards roaming the house, picture one of them brushing up against it, this is goint to require some planning

i got the mrc hooked up tonight, man this thing is a beast, according to the pump volume, i think this thing is turning over my tank volume 6-7 times per hour, it is producing foam after just over an hour of running, and the break in period is 24-48 hours?