• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Skink Cleaner Shrimp - Mated

Thought I would make a quick post to determine if anyone had experience with pair of shrimp mating.

Two weeks ago we first noticed one of the shrimp loaded with roe. The entire underbelly was dark green. It appears that there have been several cycles of egg releases as we now have a few generations of juvenile hunting for food.

From what we were able to see it takes about 40 days for them to reach small adult size. We also noticed tonight that both shrimp are still loaded with roe.

I wish we had a macro lens for the camera. :)

Cleaner shrimp fry is not that hard to raise so long as you have the correct environment. Isolated tank, sponge filter, etc. Let me know if any reach a fair size as I need to add a few to my systems. I was trying to get some over the holidays and almost every single LFS was out of them.

bconn said:
doubt they will make it but throwing in some cyclopeze and giving it a try.
should work well for food.. and you are correct about he 40 days.. Most shrimp don't make it past the Metamorphosis phase where they actually walk on the bottom for some reason..