• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

snails getting stuck in seio power heads

my snails keep getting stuck in the seio power head intakes. has anyone else had this problem? or any idea how to keep it from happening?

yeah they are getting stuck because when i turn them off just snail shells fall down....so i have a snail graveyard underneath my powerheads...i was trying to think of some kind of plastic guard i could make to go around the intake but i'm at a loss for what to use....

Just saw this. I have the same problem with my 1500's. They go up top on the intake and the shell gets sucked in or the snail gets sucked out of the shell and feeds the fish. I place some plastic mesh, like for guttters over it with a rubber band and that seems to work. I'm surprised that it is a rare thing. Not sure what it is if its the motor's hum or what.