• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

somethings wrong

my mushrooms didnt open yesterday and they are not open today water is the same as it alwayys is they look kinda shriveled ??? anyone know what could cause this thanks John

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Have you changed your lighting at all? How is the heat level in the tank? Mushrooms are very hardy, but a water change rarely ever hurts.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
What lights are you using and how old are the bulbs? Some bulbs change spectrum quickly and your shrooms may be reacting?

John, very good chance it was the iodine dips. Softy's can react to minute amounts introduced to the tank. Standard doses are around 1 drop per 25 gal of water, strong stuff.
GregH

i haven't been able to kill off a mushroom no matter what. i would guess this mushie will bounce back real soon. it wasn't happy about something but it won't ever die. as long as there is a little bit of water it will just keep on living. i don't even think it needs light to survive.... good luck