• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sorry for the inconvenience but your address is changed!

I just received a letter from the county... they're real sorry but because the house behind us was torn down and is being rebuilt facing the other side they are changing out address from a 2 to 4 effective immediately!?!?!

I'm freaking out here a bit, not to mention what a PIA. Nothing against NJ but so far we've had such a headache with the move from MI when it comes to registering our cars etc that I can't even fathom trying to get the people at the DMV to comprehend what I'm saying when I explain we haven't moved but our address is changed. Also does anyone know if this will affect things like our homes deed/title or how I get that fixed (if I have t pay an attorney I'm going to be really annoyed)... plus taxes, sewer bill...ugh all these things are based solely on address correct?

Must get everything changed over, must order new checks... inform all friends/family. I just did this a few months ago and this time we didn't even move!

My biggest fear is they are going to change their minds again, our home sits right at a intersection facing it... our driveway is on one street, and it's not even the street of our address.

Ugh... thanks for letting me vent!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I've never heard of anything so insane in all my years here. That's just plain crazy. Don't think that's a NJ thing. That's a crazy town thing. WOW! You picked a good one, lol!

Good luck. Sounds like a HUGE mess. Like it would be easier to make that other house 2A or something.

I'd fight it.

I almost went through something similar as I had a corner house and my mailbox was on "front" of my house while my driveway was on side of the house. Some township genius decided that everyone's address should be where there driveway was.

I contacted my title company and was told I didn't need to change anything unless the house was sold and then a form or two was needed. I filed a complaint with the post master and ended up not having to change addresses.

So the moral is, go to your local postoffice and try talking to the postmaster and see if something can be done. It's worth a shot.

Carlo

the township goes by Lot Block numbers which do not change that is your property, when it comes to taxes water a sewer thats what they go by, only the Post office goes by street, house number and zip, so you get your bills :)

.... you could always accidentally discover that your home isn't technically a part of your town.... that it isn't a part of the United States... so you could form your own country! Huzzah! NJCR is now an international forum!

... although, it has often been said that New Jersey is like its own country. ???