• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Spanish/other voiceover 'movie stars'

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
In my fav hole in the wall Mexican place.
Men in Black 18, or whatever, is on.
Of course it's in Spanish.

So, for our multicultural members, here's the questions:

1. Is there a single voice actor that dubs ALL of a given star's films? I mean, is there a Spanish voice artist who does ALL Will Smith movies for continuity, or does the voice person change film to film?

2. If there is a single person, in whichever culture, doing all the voiceover work for certain actors, what level of fame/fortune do they hit? Does their fame/pay hinge on the popularity of the star they voice, or is it a pretty standard fee to do stuff like that?

• Haha
Reactions: DEL
In my fav hole in the wall Mexican place.
Men in Black 18, or whatever, is on.
Of course it's in Spanish.

So, for our multicultural members, here's the questions:

1. Is there a single voice actor that dubs ALL of a given star's films? I mean, is there a Spanish voice artist who does ALL Will Smith movies for continuity, or does the voice person change film to film?

2. If there is a single person, in whichever culture, doing all the voiceover work for certain actors, what level of fame/fortune do they hit? Does their fame/pay hinge on the popularity of the star they voice, or is it a pretty standard fee to do stuff like that?
They try to use the same person to all will smith muvie and the same for others actors, it’s really the company that gets the team together for this job so they try to sound familiar in every muvie.
How much money they would make!! The company that translates this muvie it’s who gets the big cake!!

So at least in Brazil/portuguese, its pretty random, until you do well enough dubbing where they hire you again and again to dub the same actor. That allows these voice actors to advertise themselves as "the voice of" such and such person. As far as fame, at least in Brazil, I think they are famous only within those circles, or to those who take a special interest in the subject. I think it's rare for viewers who are used to dubbed content to think about the voices behind the media they are watching. But I could be wrong.

It would also change for euro as they talk a bit different.
exp: if you talk to someone from Spain it’s accent it very different than a Dominican like me. Still Spanish, we will understand each other but a totally different accent..

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Odd question maybe, if people from the Dominican Republic are Dominican's what are the people from Dominica called :)

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Both people from Dominican Republic and Dominica Are called
Dominican. Dominica is French.
Before Columbus all the native people of the islands where
Tainos.

I sometime like to listen to the base ball games in Spanish it’s a lot of fun.
hit the SAP button on your remote or tv menus and change the language.
Soccer is boring in English when you change it to Spanish it’s a party !!

Last edited:

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Both people from Dominican Republic and Dominica Are called
Dominican. Dominica is French.
Before Columbus all the native people of the island where
Tainos.

I sometime like to listen to the base ball games in Spanish it’s a lot of fun.
hit the SAP button on your remote or tv menus and change the language.
Soccer is boring in English when you change it to Spanish it’s a party !!
Dominica is one of my favorite islands