• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Splitting BTA

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
So we have had the BTA in the tank roughly 2 weeks. It has settled into a nice piece of live rock with a big whole in it so it is very secure. We started noticing that it was looking a little funny and then we came home to this.

anemsplit.jpg

We are pretty excited.

I recently bought a rose tip. When I got him home I did not have time to get it in the main tank right away. I left it in a rubbermaid container and put in a heater and small powerhead. When I came back an hour or so later I found the anemone found its way into the powerhead. I could not pull it out. I took the powerhead apart and put the piece with the anemone in the main tank. I didn't think it would make it. To my surprise it freed itself. It didn't look very happy. Two days later it split in two. I don't know if it had anything to do with the trauma. I now have two beautiful BTA's for the price of one.