• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Spotlight products

Was out tonight and I happen to be pulled to the book store by my fiance. She of course was flipping through the bridal magazines. I was off looking at some reef magazines and came across these items. These items I am listing are really nice for nanos, but the places have some great items at very reasonable prices for everyone.

24" 380W Metal Halide System - Gonna be really nice for my 2x2x2 tank in the future.

20" 298W Metal Halide System - Unless someone differs I think this is a great option for the 12 gallon nanos. The lighting is 20 inches wide, but the lights are only within the first 16 inches. Sweet Setup. Will probably go with this over the sunpod.

Hang-On Refugium with Protein Skimmer 14" Small - Not sure which all-in-one this will work on and I have not checked the reviews yet, but a nice little fuge, skimmer we got going on here. This one is just a suggestion.

Live Nutri-Seawater - Not sure about shipping but nice for those who might like to buy their water.

AquaVim - Just a link to some intersting looking tanks.

I will append this if I find more stuff of interest. Please post comments, suggestions, advice if you have any knowledge of these products or their companies. Thanks!

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Do a search on RC for Aquatraders. A lot of folks have had nightmare form dealing with them. Apparently their customer sevice stops once you place an order. Lots of threads over there from folks that have had bad dealings with them.

As for the Nutrisea water, they don't sell direct to the public unless you plan to order a pallet full at a time. You can find that water locally. I have used it in the past for some of my smaller tanks and found the AquaOceans in Toms River had the cheapest price on it. I think it was like $14 for a 4.4 gallon jug, most other places wanted 16-20 for the same jug. Also the SG is a little on the high side, I was cutting it with RO water at a ratio of 2/1, 2 gallons of NutriSea to 1 gallon of RO.

I will check over at RC.. thanks for that information.. As for the nutrisea, the reason I posted it was because it got stellar reviews and was posted as a Spotlight product. You are able to buy what you need per the link on that site and how much you want.

http://www.fantasybowls.com/nutrisea.html

I will post back on the lighting once I search RC.. If the damn search engine ever works..

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yeah that second link you can buy from. The first link was direct from NutriSea and they only sell by the pallet. I have used it in the past and it is great for small tanks or folks with a very large budget.

Matter of fact, that is the water everybody used at MACNA in DC a couple years back. Most folks never bothered to check the SG before putting their livestock in the tanks and it shocked a lot of the corals.