• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sump for 90 gallon mixed reef

Hi everyone I would like some help. I have a 90 gallon tank that is going to be a mixed reef tank. I bought a 20gallon aqueon tank that I was going to make into a sump for it but decided it’s just too small. I want to buy a 100% sure which one I’m going to get. I’ve been considering the trigger systems sapphire 39, Fiji cube 36 advanced reef sump and triton stealth srs36 or a bashsea sump. Does anyone know anything about these sumps or have suggestions on a better sump? Thank you

Last edited:

ctg0209

NJRC Member
Hi everyone I would like some help. I have a 90 gallon tank that is going to be a mixed reef tank. I bought a 20gallon aqueon tank that I was going to make into a sump for it but decided it’s just too small. I want to buy a 100% sure which one I’m going to get. I’ve been considering the trigger systems sapphire 39, Fiji cube 36 advanced reef sump and triton stealth srs36 or a bashsea sump. Does anyone know anything about these sumps or have suggestions on a better sump? Thank you
I have a trigger triton 34 that I bought for my first 90 gal. It’s an awesome sump looks great comes with the probe holders and dosing tube holders. I believe the new version also has the option for filter socks. (The original didn’t have filter socks). The only complaint I had was when it was on that tank it was under the tank and the only way to get it in the stand was to remove the tank and the center brace for the stand and put the sump in the top. On my new tank I ran the plumbing through the wall and put the sump in the garage (best move I ever did). Your also able to control the water lever in the skimmer section to really dial in your skimmer instead of using egg crate or something to raise your skimmer.

So I’m trying to figure out how to plumb my tank. I have the aqueon overflow accessory kit. The bulk heads are 2 different sizes. The intake one is smaller than the return. I want to hard plumb it but having trouble figuring out what I need all