• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Swams of tiny shrimps

So I have these tiny shrimps the size of a pod. They run fast as hell and only come out at night or you only see them inside the creases and holes in the rocks. The molt as well since I see their shell floating around. What are they? Anyone has them in their tanks? I mean I have so many the first time I saw I thought my cleaners spawned and the babies survived, but then I thought no way.

I think I saw my tank have that last night as well. It is possible for it to be cleaner shrimp or peppermint shrimp spawn. Both can be raised but usually become filter/fish food unless you take them out to raise. It can also be an amphipod (more likely). There was a thread not so long about this with same thing. Provide a picture for us if you want to confirm.

I don't think they are spawns because I've seen the spawns of my cleaners they looked nothing like these guys. They also carry a huge stomach. I'll try to get a pic but it'll be hard - they're fast and tiny.

Well sounds like you already know....amphipod of some sort. Post the pic.....I'll try to hunt for mine if they haven't been eaten yet.

Well mine all became fish food/filter food. There were about 100+ the night before and now not a single one. I'm pretty sure mine were pep shrimps. Guess corals ate well last night.

Hey I'm gunna try to post a video of them hopefully when I have some time this weekend. I'm sure mine ain't cleaners nor peps.