• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sweet deal

Bandito Aquatics

NJRC Member
I somehow made a deal for some rocks ended up with a lot more. Kid brought me
1. small nano tank 3.7 gal with return,heater and a screen even a small light for it.
2. Kessil a80 with an arm
3. About 25-30 lbs of Tonga, stax and purple reef rock

all this for a torch, a mushroom, and some zoa
I felt so overwhelmed I ended up giving him a reef frag rack some reef glasses and small bag of frag plugs and disk.

D15239BB-0049-417C-B43A-F08E10AF8642.jpeg49DF793F-FA3A-47B8-AE68-EE1B36C8DF86.jpegBEAC0A9B-91D6-44B3-8CB8-2FF39D6E8927.jpegBEAC0A9B-91D6-44B3-8CB8-2FF39D6E8927.jpeg7D3E19D3-A8E2-40C3-A5C1-4EE802CC46ED.jpegimage.jpg
Guess the question now is what to do with the tiny tank

maybe just a nano macro tank hmm?
if you have any suggestions let me know

I somehow made a deal for some rocks ended up with a lot more. Kid brought me
1. small nano tank 3.7 gal with return,heater and a screen even a small light for it.
2. Kessil a80 with an arm
3. About 25-30 lbs of Tonga, stax and purple reef rock

all this for a torch, a mushroom, and some zoa
I felt so overwhelmed I ended up giving him a reef frag rack some reef glasses and small bag of frag plugs and disk.

View attachment 34762View attachment 34763View attachment 34764View attachment 34764View attachment 34765View attachment 34766
Guess the question now is what to do with the tiny tank

maybe just a nano macro tank hmm?
if you have any suggestions let me know
Betta tank...

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
NIce deal!
That'll make a great micro.
Those rocks look cut, are they Marco or Stax?
Regardless, start a build please, would love to see where you go with this.

Bandito Aquatics

NJRC Member
@Mark_C it’s a mix of both I got three bags of stax and then some really nice Marco. As for build I’ll do a proper ok but here what it looking like so far 6C1D9A82-F9E1-4272-B77C-09C7A092C196.jpeg

don’t mint the thing comic.

so its a small 3.7 with a stock heater and return ill most likely so a small rock work and keep if aa a mushroom tank

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
@Mark_C it’s a mix of both I got three bags of stax and then some really nice Marco. As for build I’ll do a proper ok but here what it looking like so far View attachment 34767

don’t mint the thing comic.

so its a small 3.7 with a stock heater and return ill most likely so a small rock work and keep if aa a mushroom tank

That’s a great deal. I would use that tank to grow
Rock flower anemones. Put a bunch in there and see if you can get them to spawn.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Nice.

I have a 1.5 or 2 gallon AIO I traded with Marcus when I had the baby seahorses.
I want to setup a mini reef for sometime but the main tank takes priority.

erics210

NJRC Member
That’s a great deal. I would use that tank to grow
Rock flower anemones. Put a bunch in there and see if you can get them to spawn.
Cool idea Amado. I have 4 rock/flower anemone. One is waaaay away from the group up front and center in my tank, BUT the other 3 are high up on a plateau. Now I have like 4 little eraser head sized rock anemone in that region.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Cool idea Amado. I have 4 rock/flower anemone. One is waaaay away from the group up front and center in my tank, BUT the other 3 are high up on a plateau. Now I have like 4 little eraser head sized rock anemone in that region.

Yeah I have seen a lot of people have luck with them spawning in their tanks.