• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sweet Score

I went to the Daily Record's Giant Garage Sale at Morris County College today. When I was there I found a guy with a whole bunch of Really OLD Metaframe aquarium stuff, from the '70s when I had my first tank. All in its original boxes, never opened. I scored a couple of stainless hoods, an air pump, a couple of heaters, and the piece de resistance, a Dynaflo power filter, never opened. Just looking at those boxes makes me smile.
If I can find a 20 gallon stainless frame tank, I'm gonna recreate a '70s tank, with old-school tetras and swordtails and suchlike.

Oh yeah, after I finish setting up the 200G reef tank sitting empty in my family room.

There were some used tanks,and a guy selling a really big mag drive pump (1300GPH) for $30.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Don't forget the florescent painted mini caves and plastic plants that won't stay anchored down. Red and blue substrate are also required. A bubble operated pirate's chest would be the icing on the cake.

Man that takes me back....What about the old finger remover air pump, you know the old open wheel ones that you had to mount to a block of wood, any of those around??

How about glow in the dark decor to go with the day-glo-vomit statuary? (yes, I had glow in the dark as a child! Don't ask where we found or it why we thought it was a good idea)

There's quite a market in some of those old "PennPlax" ornaments on ebay, especially if you have the little plastic box. I myself once had the moving "Creature from the Black Lagoon," very naturalistic!

Of course they are still selling things like those lasers to put in your tank...

RichT: No problem, my prize included (not kidding) Metaframe (R) Lead Plant Weights, and Lead "Filter Ballast" (lead balls) to hold those box filters on the bottom. Remember how those used to go floating around?

Oh Oh Oh! The clasic Wheel House that has the clear plastic over the "river" so the bubbles going through it made it look like a moving stream then the bubbles made the wheel spin.