• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

T.D.S. Meter

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hey Joe,

I use a Hanna Instruments Dual TDS Meter. It's the kind that runs inline on your RO system. I check it about once a week.

HERE is the one I use.

Hope that helps!

I use the handheld meter that came with Air Water Ice unit, but I definitely like the idea of that in-line one. I may look into that myself.

I test everytime I run my unit.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I use the same one Brian has. Came with my Kent RO/DI unit I got from Marine Depot.

Man that meter is cheap! I'm gonna have to get one of them. I'm presently using the Pinpoint TDS meter so I just stick it in a sample of water and check my RO/DI units that way. While I'd still use the Pinpoint meter it would be nice to have a unit mounted on the RO/DI unit itself!

Carlo

I just upgraded to the in-line like Rich and Brian's. Everytime I run the unit, I check. I have a bypass on the DI stage so run the RO into the drain until it drops to and settles, usually in 1-2 minutes, then I switch to the DI unit and check that TDS is 0.

If it's a long run , I check back and make sure all is well. I keep my handheld to check my storage container.