• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

T5 - Group Buy

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Hey Guys... I've heard rumblings of a group buy for T5s... so i figured I will take the lead on this one. I found a good place for ATI - T5s.

Please post the bulbs color the qty and and size

Colors are
Aquablue Special (24w, 39w, 54w, 80w) 20.95, 21.95, 23.95, 26.95
Blue Plus Special (24w, 39w, 54w, 80w) 19.95, 21.95, 23.95, 24.95
True Actinic (24w, 39w, 54w, 80w) 20.95, 22.95, 24.95, 26.95
Purple Plus (24w, 39w, 54w, 80w) 19.95, 21.95, 23.95, 24.95
Coral Plus (24w, 39w, 54w, 80w) 20.95, 22.95, 24.95, 26.95

Prices will be based on qty ordered for each bulb size.... so plan for a MIN OF 10% of MAP and we can go upto 20% off. The big savings will be in the combined shipping as you know.. Shipping these bulbs will not be cheap

The bulbs will come to my location in central jersey and will have curbside pickup.

We will spend the rest of the week gathering the order (Sunday - Friday).. 5/10 - 5/15
Sat - Sun will be payments - 5/16 - 5/17
Order will be placed on Monday 5/18
Pickup will start 5/21 - onward.

I will keep these bulbs in my garage. I NOR the CLUB will be held responsible for any damaged bulbs after 5/30... i DO NOT WANT TO BE dragging out this pickup for weeks.....

I am in Old Bridge NJ off exit 123 on the GSP and exit 11 on the TP

Last edited:

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
If this is BRS they're doing the same pricing with free shipping on orders over $29 at the moment.
I just picked up 2 blue plus 36" for $38 with free shipping.
Would be happy to order another 4 bulbs if you need to bulk up the order at all to hit a discount, lemme know!

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
If this is BRS they're doing the same pricing with free shipping on orders over $29 at the moment.
I just picked up 2 blue plus 36" for $38 with free shipping.
Would be happy to order another 4 bulbs if you need to bulk up the order at all to hit a discount, lemme know!

Nowadays. Because of MAP There is no advertised margin. If Reefers do not want to move from their couch to pickup at a central location. Then group buys cannot flourish. We need volume in order to demand / ask for bulk discount. Single items are not worth it to retailers. So we need to think of it as the same reason we joined the club. Reef conservation.
If we want to resurrect our group buys we have to be willing to put in some work. Take a 10 % discount this time and next time it might be more if we order in bulk.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Bump... i will take orders till midnight then I will summarize and start getting an order forum going... Based on this.. it appears we will get the 10% off