• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

T5 Lighting

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Just picked up the T5 from Damon so now the questions start. It has 4 separate plugs: 1 for the fan, 1 for the LED, 1 for the daylights and 1 for the actinic. I plan to put them on timers so what is a good combo?

Mark

I'm a lazy person, and don't like a bunch of timers, I'd put everything except the LED moonlights on one timer, and the LED moonlights on another. Then I'd set the first timer for 8 - 12 hours of light per day, and the second timer for when the fist one was not on.

Others might prefer more timers and a more elaborate schedule.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I would put them on 3 timers. actinics on first. 2 hours later put the daylights and the fan on. At night the daylights go off first, 2 hours later the actinics go off.The 3rd timer would turn on your moonlights and sump lights when your other lights go off.

Subliminal

NJRC Member
2 timers for me:

1 for fan and actinic, coming on 20 mins before

10k on the other one, turning off 20 mins before actinic

LEDs plugged in full time. Those things last like 20k hours or something silly, I believe.