• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tank birthday and I'm a Geezer

Paul B

NJRC Member
Yesterday was a bad day. It started good I went to a deli and got some bagels which I rarely do but everything was fine. I parked my car with the back of my car about 8' from my garage door.

About 4 hours later I walked behind my car and noticed the ground was covered in black gravel. I figured someone dumped out their fresh water fish tank in front of my garage after their fish died of ich because they didn't quarantine and was mad at me. :rolleyes:

But that wasn't it. My back window of my Yellow Jeep was smashed. This was the middle of the day and virtually no one walks by my house.

I got in the car to remove my camera which also has a lens right on the back window and I figured it would show me what happened.

I got out of my car and smashed my thumb in the car door. Thank God the door didn't lock because I didn't have the keys on me and it kind of hurt.

I connected the camera to my computer and all I see is the trees with all their leaves on.

The trees don't have any leaves on yet because it is still cold here and even though the camera said it was the correct date, the pictures on it were from last summer. :rolleyes:

It then gave me a message that there is something wrong with the SIM card. You would think in the 6 months that it looked like it was recording it would have notified me that it wasn't working. :(

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Yesterday was a bad day. It started good I went to a deli and got some bagels which I rarely do but everything was fine. I parked my car with the back of my car about 8' from my garage door.

About 4 hours later I walked behind my car and noticed the ground was covered in black gravel. I figured someone dumped out their fresh water fish tank in front of my garage after their fish died of ich because they didn't quarantine and was mad at me. :rolleyes:

But that wasn't it. My back window of my Yellow Jeep was smashed. This was the middle of the day and virtually no one walks by my house.

I got in the car to remove my camera which also has a lens right on the back window and I figured it would show me what happened.

I got out of my car and smashed my thumb in the car door. Thank God the door didn't lock because I didn't have the keys on me and it kind of hurt.

I connected the camera to my computer and all I see is the trees with all their leaves on.

The trees don't have any leaves on yet because it is still cold here and even though the camera said it was the correct date, the pictures on it were from last summer. :rolleyes:

It then gave me a message that there is something wrong with the SIM card. You would think in the 6 months that it looked like it was recording it would have notified me that it wasn't working. :(
Damn, my camera has been displaying some message but so small I cannot read it. I saw someone drive into my development the wrong way and hope it was recorded. I have yet to check.

Paul B

NJRC Member
It's all fixed but I hope my insurance company don't cancel me. Last year woman ran into the back of my car when I backed up about 12" so I could get my wife's door open. She was fine, didn't fall down and walked away. The store Mgr called an ambulance and the EMTs said she, (In front of the cop) was fine and didn't get hurt. There was nothing wrong with her.

She sued me for $300.000.00. Her "dirtbag, Ambulance chaser piece of crap lawyer hired a Quack doctor to say she had to have 2 foot surgeries. Her foot was no where near my car and I have the video. (my camera worked then)

There was nothing wrong with this woman except she must of found one of those "Un American, pieces of garbage make believe lawyers from TV that will sue anyone for anything no matter how many lies they make up. He said I lost control of my car and went an unbelievable speed and ran into a bunch of people which I had no respect for.

I really hate injury lawyers and really hope someone blows up his car while he is in it. Twice.
But I won't tell you how I really feel. He got from my stupid, gullible insurance $260,000.00

I never took a nickel from anyone and wouldn't take money if it fell in my lap. But some people only see cash and it doesn't matter who gets hurt. Disgusting, slugs of society. This is why things cost so much.

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
I know your pain,a few years back a woman hit me head on. I was in a Mazda 2 wheel drive pickup truck,she stayed to the police she didn't see me,took full responsibility. Then tries to sue me stating my truck re-directed the street light which caused her not to see me and she won in court. Lawyers and judges are the worst

Paul B

NJRC Member
Lawyers and judges are the worst
Thats one big reason everything costs so much and criminals are walking all over the place. I saw yesterday a guy was charged with 30 counts of first degree murder and 4 cases of attempted first degree murder. He got 34 life sentences with no possibility of parole. So if you kill one person or 34, the penalty is the same.
Do we really need to pay for this guy for the rest of his life?

Paul B

NJRC Member
I posted this probably a few years ago on another forum. But I don't even remember it:

Last night, or actually this morning at 3:00am I hear: "YOU HAVE A REMINDER, THE COMPUTER GEEK IS COMING OVER TO FIX THE COMPUTER"
It was the Alexa on the other side of my house. When I set the reminder I neglected to tell it PM and not AM and usually the thing asks me but I was probably sipping a glass of Grand Marnier and didn't pay attention to it and said something like : "Whatever".

10 Seconds later the Alexa in our bedroom says the same thing. (This is a condo and not real big but my 2 Alexa's seem to be in different time zones because they tell me the same thing 10 seconds apart.)

I quickly get out of bed so as not to wake my wife and I put my mouth right near it's "ear" and whisper. "Alexa, Shut Up"
The thing lights up and says: "SORRY, I DIDN'T GET THAT. YOU CAN ASK ME THINGS LIKE, HOW DO YOU SHUT THE DOOR, OR WHATS UP OR ASK THE TIME IN COOS BAY OREGON OR, WHAT WAS GEORGE WASHINGTON'S SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER" WAS THAT HELPFUL?"

I looked around and my wife just stirred a little. I again whispered to Alexa, "Alexa, thank you, go to sleep, stop talking.
Alexa again lit up and said:

I DIDN'T GET THAT, I CAN PLAY AMBIENT SOUNDS TO PUT YOU TO SLEEP OR LOUD SOUNDS TO WAKE YOU UP. I CAN PLAY ROY ORBISON MUSIC OR TELL YOU FACTS ABOUT NANCY PELOSI. DID THAT ANSWER YOUR QUESTION? "

Alexa, No and thank you.
"SORRY, I COULDN'T HELP YOU, BUT THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK:

So I finally got it to shut up.

Then I hear the other Alexa in the dining room but it is far away so I run there to see what it wants. It is still reminding me of the computer Geek.
I close the bedroom door and hope we can't hear it. But these doors were probably from Home Depot and made out of three or four layers of Scott toilet tissue. The good three ply ones but it didn't matter, I can still hear her.

Then I hear: BEEP. Aparently if Alexa thinks you didn't hear her, she just Beeps all night about every 2 minutes. BEEP,,,,,,,,,BEEP,,,,,,BEEP ETC.
Try to sleep with that. So I go to the thing and say :Alexa, Thank you, now be quiet. She says "THANK ME FOR WHAT? YOU HAVE NO MORE REMINDERS, WOULD YOU LIKE TO HEAR YOUR REMINDERS.

Nooooooooooo.
Alexa, just go to sleep.

"WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO PLAY AMBIENT SOUNDS BLAH, BLAH,BLAH "

I unplugged her and go back to bed

"BEEP,,,,,BEEP,,,,,,BEEP"
Every 2 minutes "BEEP,,,BEEP,,,,BEEP.
I put the pillow over my head. I thought maybe I just dreamt that I unplugged her so I go to check. Yep, the plug is on the floor so I head back to my bed.

"BEEP"

Oh no. Now what do I do? It's 3:05 am and I don't want to get up. I figure maybe I am getting abducted by Aliens or worse "Liberals".
I go back into the kitchen and again check Alexa. She is dead. Then I look around and on the stove, the timer is saying, "Dinner is done" and beeping.

My wife shutoff the oven yesterday but apparently the timer was still on.
So now I am not sure if I am awake typing this, or in an Alien Space Ship in a galaxy far far away. :eek: