• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

tank crash?!?!?

Whats happening: all my LPS, Zoas, hairy mushroom, and Kenya tree have closed up. My SPS have all started turning very pale. Turbo snails became catatonic (would fall to the ground and lay there, if you touched them they would flinch, but thats about it, now they're hermit food). Same happened to my zebra cowrie. I had a bunch of nuisance sponges which during this even have withered away. Fish all look fine. Havent seen my serpent starfish either, so he could be toast as well. This began about 2+ days ago.
all of my water parameters look fine.
Timeline:
4 days ago, I did a 5gal water change (75gal tank, 20gal fuge) with normal instant ocean and added some calcium
3 days ago, received a couple new corals, attached 2 with dime sized pieces of Aquamend putty (just noticed the tube says on the top "fiberglass") along with a couple drops of Loctite super glue gel.
2 days ago, noticed everything closed up, then later that day noticed the sps turning pale.
Did a 5gal water change,
yesterday, did another 5 gal water change.

HELP! is all lost? what should i do?

Also should add I had a hair algae problem for a few months, that I've finally gotten down to non visible in the display, and there was a lot in my fuge, which has all now started to wither away in the past week.

Agree large water changes and carbon and turn up the skimmer and wet skim.
Take a sample of water and check parameters before you do the latter.
Could have been a containment got into the tank, like from the glue and these steps are standard, but, do rule out other causes. Ammonia readings may indicate something died. The hot weather could have caused a temp spike Ect. post test results.
Good Luck.

Someone had mentioned to me that it sounds similar to copper contamination...I'm at work, so once i get home i guess i'll double check to make sure nothing has fallen into the tank. If i find something with copper, am i completely doomed? Is there a test to find out if there is copper contamination even if i don't see anything?

I'm positive i have copper poisoning now. I asked my wife if anything had fallen into the tank recently, and she said she had noticed a brass fitting had fallen off a shelf and into the tank a couple days ago, so she took it out. Of course i don't know how long it was in there, and judging by the aftermath i'm pretty sure i'm screwed.
I'm devastated right now.

I just went to Trop and got some polyfilters, hopefully some large water changes and the filters will help minimize the damage.

a few days, not too bad, has the fitting turned green, thats copper sulfate, deadly to marine life. Massive water changes to delute and hope it has not been absorbed into the rock. Besides that?