• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tank Lights Going Bad Fast!

Just as I'm sitting here uploading Monkeys ::) My lights dimmed, I took off the hood ans a powerhead had moved and salt has been splashing on my lights, not good, the salt creep is inside the fixture and the Plexiglas shield is stuck on good, attempting to remove it, its only cracking. Looking at a fire hazard to say the least!

recommendations for a new fixture!!!!
$$$$ is tight.

I have 30 inch's to play with in side the hood
Pretty sure the fixture is a Coralife Compact Fluorescent
1- 10,000K 65 Watt 22 inch
1- 10,000K Actinic

Any Suggestions would be appreciated.
GregH

420_26_03_09_5_28_33_0.jpg

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Greg

Sorry to hear about your light. I would look into a 24" 4 bulb T5 fixture, you lose a little wattage but the T5s are better bulbs and cheaper to replace then CF.

Bob

how about just taking a cloth/sponge with vinegar/water and wiping down the fixture to see if it can still be used? Then i'd swap out the bulb that dimmed.

Magic, good advise, picked up a Current T-5 today, and a glass top for splash!
Hawkeye, unit could be saved but it will take some work,,time for a upgrade anyway, will save it for a back up or future frag setup. thanks Guys
further posts in Equipment Conversation Threads.
GregH