• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

temp problem

i am currently running a aquamedic 1/2 horse on my 175 with three 400 halides, they are 17 inches off the water, when it gets hot in the house the temp rises to 28.5-30 cel., i have the chiller plumbed off of a tee with 3/4 hose, should i have the chiller plumbed directly to the return with the 1 inch pvc?this chiller is rated for a much larger system, i would think it could handle this

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The chiller manufacturer should state the optimal GPH to put through the unit to produce the desired result. They should also list the specifications for how much water volume and how many degrees it should be able to do.

We ran a 1/10 on my 120 and it worked just fine for that purpose. I would think 1/2 should do 175 (and then some).

Is there a fan in with the halides?

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I would try a pump that does specifically that and see if that helps.

the chiller came with one inch fittings, so i changed them out and ran one inch tubing off the tee, see what happens, definatly more flow

As far as the fan in the canopy you also need to to have vents to let the air out from under the canopy They should be directly oppsite the flow of the air. example if the fan is on left there should be vents on the right to let the heated air out good luck

hey phil, i took the fan out of the chiller and lubricated the shaft on the motor and cleaned the dog hair out of the condensor, now its steady at 25.7 c :)