• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The Mandalorian *SPOILERS*

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
holy ****!!! did you guys see the season finale of Mando?

I swear, this show has been the best things to happen to Star Wars.

almost cried with pure happiness when Luke and R2 showed up. That entrance too! what?! like father, like son with Vader doing the same in Rogue One.

what an amazing season!!

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I think I curled up in the corner and cried a bit in happiness for a few hours.
So much to digest.
Grogo with Luke off to the new academy he'll form.
Mando has the Darksaber and is, technically, ruler of Mandalore.
Godeon's suicide prevented, now in hands of New Republic.
And the post credit scene!
Friggin Fett taking over the Hutt criminal empire!
And a new Book of Fett show in 2021.

A pretty awesome end to the season. Watching the dark troopers cut down like little battle droids was heartwarming. But what happens to Grogu by the time of the force awakens!? Just have to wait I guess...

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Do they have scenes after credits every episode?
Was cool.

they don't for every episode, this was was more of announcement for either Boba's chapters or a separate series.

I've watched this episode like 5 times already lol still can't believe it was Luke. When I first saw the X-wing, I was like naah it can't be.. cant it? I was thinking it was a misdirection and either Ashoka shows up, Ezra or maybe even Cal but when the robe, gloves and the green light saber I jumped out of my seat in pure joy. felt like a kid again.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Same here. Saw the Xwing and figured it was misdirection, expected Ezra or Cal. When we saw the green saber and the studded pommel my son started jumping around the house.

erics210

NJRC Member
Same here. Saw the Xwing and figured it was misdirection, expected Ezra or Cal. When we saw the green saber and the studded pommel my son started jumping around the house.
As soon as The Child(aka Grogu) was near the window I said to my son a Jedi is coming. Watch it be Luke Skywalker. THEN the X-wing flew BY. I was like.....wait wait....if its a Green Saber......BAMM Green Saber.
Initial synching of speech and CGI was meh, but was awesome. But when R2 turned the corner.....BAMM.
Not many droids that we connect with like R2D2 and C3P0.

I knew it the second I saw the x-wing and i still jumped out the couch when I saw Luke put down the good. Cgi could have been better but i swear this series is so redeeming for star wars

Ultimately this just means Groku doesn't make it very far in the Galaxy Far far Away

Not very optimistic, I know

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Ultimately this just means Groku doesn't make it very far in the Galaxy Far far Away

Not very optimistic, I know

not exactly, there is about a ~20 year gap till kylo pulls an anakin at a temple. so there is a chance grogu could of left before that happens.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Bah!
They need to wipe 7-9 and re-film with Favreau and his crew on it. While they're at it, go for 1-3 as well.
Jeez, Can you imagine what SW would have been like if Favreau and Filoni were at the helm for the pre or post-quils.
Would have been a different sci-fi world.
Unfortunately they were all off doing Marvel films and the reigns fell into 'How much budget do we have for effects and screw the writing we'll just rehash old stuff Abrams'. /sigh

At least Favreau's crew is here to save things and give some fulfillment and some excitement for the future as opposed to the drab, "Oh, another one is coming out?". Now I feel like my 12yo self waiting for Empire to show up in theaters.:congratulatory:

They limited and ruined the mandalorian with those movies in the sense that since grogu wasn't in the movies, it obviously means he's not alive. Sad. I wish they would just wipe them from existence and redo them

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Bah!
They need to wipe 7-9 and re-film with Favreau and his crew on it. While they're at it, go for 1-3 as well.
Jeez, Can you imagine what SW would have been like if Favreau and Filoni were at the helm for the pre or post-quils.
Would have been a different sci-fi world.
Unfortunately they were all off doing Marvel films and the reigns fell into 'How much budget do we have for effects and screw the writing we'll just rehash old stuff Abrams'. /sigh

At least Favreau's crew is here to save things and give some fulfillment and some excitement for the future as opposed to the drab, "Oh, another one is coming out?". Now I feel like my 12yo self waiting for Empire to show up in theaters.:congratulatory:

I wholeheartedly agree with the ST trilogy but the prequals can stay as they are. Filoni did a fantastic job of fleshing out the prequals that I learned to appreciate it so much more becuase of the Clone Wars series and then even more so with Rebels adding to the timeline between 3 and 4.

so far in my opinion, everything before the ST has been great that has been considered canon.

at this point, just give me something that can provide what I wanted from the ST, eg like prime badass Luke and then after that I'm ready to move on from the Skywalkers. I'm ready for some knight of the old republic storylines, give me a Darth Revan movie!!!

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
They limited and ruined the mandalorian with those movies in the sense that since grogu wasn't in the movies, it obviously means he's not alive. Sad. I wish they would just wipe them from existence and redo them

I wouldn't just assume since they are not in the movie that they do not exist. boba fett was presumed dead and he came back. Ashoka was not in the movies, admittedly an after thought by Filoni for the Clone Wars series but has grown to be a beloved character. great thing about what Filoni and co are doing is that are actually making the star wars universe, an actual universe. shows like Clone Wars, Rebels, Mandalorian are providing so much more story outside of just the Skywalker saga movies and it makes Star Wars that much more real in a sense.

I wouldn't be surprised if Grogu is a live and well somewhere and is the first Yoda species Mandalorian Jedi.