• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The moon will be full

Here we go again!
No, not a tank upgrade but a sump and refugium upgrade. I finally talked Anthony into plumbing everything in the basement. We bought a sequence marlin pump we where hoping to get it last week but it didn't come in til yesterday. So luckily for the long weekend we can get it installed and up and running.
Most of the system will be gravity fed. Since we have 2 -100 gallon rubbermaid tubs and our 70 gallon oceanic sump we are turning one tub over setting plywood down and setting the other tub on top and it is already drilled and plumbed in with a bulkhead and pvc pipe and float valve. We will gravity feed into the oceanic 70 gallon refugium and then pump it back into the main display.
I am so excited no more pumping water from the basement into a trash can dragging the trash can to the tank and draining the tank and filling it back up, then draining out the trash can again. What a hassle. So for everyone who has seen pics of our tank upgrade I am adding a WARNING SIGN Please make sure you have already eaten and please put on safety eye wear for pics to come. lol

pump001.jpg

pump004.jpg

pump002.jpg

pump005.jpg

S

shinningballs

nice cant wait to see it. need help just txt.
philip

Well the plumbing work is finished went nice and smooth no leaks. It is so nice to have an empty cabinet. Sorry everyone but you know I had to do it.

sump004.jpg

sump007.jpg

Plumber for hire!
sump003.jpg