• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The Tank Is in the Basement, First Mission Accomplished

HerbieK

NJRC Honorary Member
NJRC Member
The 90 gal is now in the basement, my livestock is sitting in a 40 gal breeder and a 20 gal high (future sump and fuge for the 180). My rock is mostly in buckets sitting all over the house. Man, I didn't think I had this much rock.

I think I really needed about double the water I had made up. I am in the process of refilling the 90 with freshly made up water.

I have some Tunze 6025 Nano streams in the livestock holding tanks. I am hoping I can get by for a day or two in the tanks w/o any real filtration.

My clown and anemone are all by themselves in a 5 gallon pail. I guess when you ship a fish in a tiny bag, this isn't so bad!

I am hoping that I will not need to mini-cycle the refilled tank. I was going to move the tank w/ my sand still in it, but it was a bit too heavy so I scooped it out. I put it back in before refilling. I hope that disturbing the sand bed will not cause any issues when I "reload".

I am running my diatom filter because the water seemed a bit murky, and I want to get some of that muddy funkiness out of the water before restocking.

Does anyone have any experience with restocking the tank after a move. I am hoping that by tomorrow or Monday, I can put the rock back and start re-establishing the livestock.

If anyone can alert me to any "gotchas" that I am not anticipating that would be great.

Sorry for the long winded post.

Herb

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Our new tank is plumbed into our main system. The rock and animals came out and went into other parts of the system on day 1. Sand also came out that day and sat in buckets "wet", but not circulating or in the main system. Day 2 the tank was setup. Day 3 the rock and sand went back in, and the tank was added back to the main system. Day 4 the livestock was put back into it.

That was a week ago and it has been running smooth ever since. PE is good on everything, everything looks healthy.

HerbieK

NJRC Honorary Member
NJRC Member
Glad to hear it Phyl. That makes me feel a little better. I might be on a bit more accelerated schedule than your move, but hopefully will have the same result.

Herb