• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tiger tail sea cucumber just nuked in powerhead (1/2 of it!)

C

charterreefer

How much should I be worried and what is any possible scenarios. My tank is large (300 gallons total with sump). I just finished stocking it with a lot of sps coral.

I don't see any ink. Fish look happy, sps polyps are all opened normally.
I will be doing a normal 10% water change and adding fresh carbon.

I am supposed to be going away on vacation next Tuesday so I wasn't scheduled to be home for a week, in case tank starts cycling.

Are there any SPS tank owners out there who have gone through this experience firsthand?

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I would just run carbon for a few days, if they nuke the tank the fish are usually first to go, since they are swimming around I think you'll be fine. The size of your system probably helped.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I recently went through this with a red and black cucumber (in a 90 gallon DT). I lost four fish.....no corals. As suggested, run carbon and make water for a water change. Your large volume will certainly help.

C

charterreefer

I would just run carbon for a few days, if they nuke the tank the fish are usually first to go, since they are swimming around I think you'll be fine. The size of your system probably helped.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

C

charterreefer

Thanks! The tank still looked good at 10:00pm. I changed my filter socks, carbon is running and water change tomorrow (heating water now).