• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

toadstool leather

I have a toadstool leather frag for about a year now that just doesn't seem to want to grow. When I bought it I envisioned having this huge rolling coral by now, but it looks the same as it did back then. Do you guys feed these things or is MH lighting enough. I have tons of mushrooms that are growing like crazy, just not the toadstool. Maybe some of the DT's would do the trick? Let me know what the secret is.. Thanks!

malulu

NJRC Member
i have mine was doing real good one time... and it grows way big... so i rearrange my tank a little bit, to free up one spot for it to grow big...
BUT, after i moved it... it is not growing any more... so i have to move it back to the old spot... the different between the 2 spots is - one with a lots of current... (and it seems to like that a lots)...
you could try it to see...

Lots of mushrooms? That could be the problem right there..

There's fierce warfare between leathers and mushrooms, some leathers (Colts) will just melt down on contact. Others (toadstools and sinularias) just seem to have a severe slow-down in growth.

Do you run carbon?

MH is plenty fine, I have a basketball sized toadstool that was the size of my thumbnail just 5 years ago (growth slowed down due to it reaching its maximum typical size about 2 1/2 years ago)

I have 2 bags of chem-pure in the drip pan of my wet dry. I've tried moving it around a few times to get better water flow and lighting, still the same. Maybe the amount of mushrooms I have is just overwhelming the carbon, just had some xenia melt when a mushroom got too close.