• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

today just isnt my day.... my yellow tang looks like its starting to get severe

ich. i have inverts so copper is out of the question. i read that hyposalination in a hospital tank works great and wont effect inverts but i just found out about that technique

N

njstillwell

Re: today just isnt my day.... my yellow tang looks like its starting to get severe

you just posted about a temp spike so im sure that is the cause of the ich. always have done a fresh water dip for 5 min for ich cures in about 2 days.

Re: today just isnt my day.... my yellow tang looks like its starting to get sev

Try using a couple of drops of garlic extract in the food. I have used it every time my tangs get ich to help them fight it off themselves. It works every time for me. I have never used any treatment, dips, hyposalinity, etc. Be patient though, it takes a week or so. Then you can still use the garlic in the food perhaps less frequently to keep their immune system up.

there is already garlic in the food, i started doing that as a precautionary a couple months ago. and i dont know what it was but its all already gone, so i dont think ich would disappear that fast, it was probably a false alarm