• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Torch coral fell on my duncans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came home from work to see that my torch coral had fallen on my duncans and one of the polyps have been near obliterated [Some tentancles exist, but the mouth has been replaced by a sickening hole]. Is there anything I can do to save the polyp?

The other polyp looks in shock but has started stretching its tentacles already, so there is hope that it will survive.

Let me know.

Thanks
Gogol

How many heads did the Duncans have? Don't jump the gun and toss it just yet. There may be a chance it'll grow back if not all of the heads were stung by the torch. Torches sure have a potent sting, don't they. :(

I had two heads ... One is gone .. one seems to be OK but still in shock. Can torches sting me if I am not careful while handling them?

Thanks for the advice wendy ..

Well my "destroyed" duncan polyp seems to be coming to life!! Just did a water change with the help of my newly acquired RO/DI unit and reef crystal salt. About an hour later I see some tentacles and even a mouth on my Duncan polyp. I suppose all was not lost :) after all.

Mods you can lock this thread. Duncan coral seems fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.